Saturday, February 25, 2012

Flowers on Saturday week 63

Symbolizing rebirth and new beginnings, the daffodil is virtually synonymous with spring. Though their botanic name is narcissus, daffodils are sometimes called jonquils, and in England, because of their long association with Lent, they’re known as the “Lent Lily.” Lore connecting the daffodil to not only a sign of winter’s end but a lucky emblem of future prosperity is found throughout the world. read more here


So I think Spring is here, these yellow daffodils are from my front garden. I am so happy to see them, now I just have to wait for longer, brighter days filled with sunshine .


Now it's time for Flowers on Saturday

To see my  favourite photo from last link up, please visit:






Grab the button Favourite Photo of the week HERE

 If you new to the challenge, please check the info how to participate Here 
Grab the button Flowers on Saturday and link your beautiful photo





 blueberry craft and hobby time









8 comments:

SportyMummy said...

Beautiful! Here we are starting to see the first yellows of autumn on the leaves....enjoy your spring!!

Tina´s PicStory said...

oh spring is coming :)

Seraphina´s Phantasie said...

Wonderful yellow spring flowers. Great !
Kindregards, Synnöve

NatureFootstep said...

this flower means easter to me. :)

Meeha Meeha said...

I'm a sucker for yellow daffodils! Mine only have one teeny-tiny bloom, for now. Your beautiful pic makes me smile:)

SquirrelQueen said...

Pretty daffodils, I'm looking forward to seeing some in my yard.

Happy Weekend!

LadyD said...

Yellow is such a happy color. It feels and looks like spring here. My daffodils are up, too!

Eden said...

Pretty daffodils. I love yellow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails