Saturday, November 5, 2011

Flowers on Saturday week 48

 blueberry craft and hobby time


 

I love when my house plants start to bloom, here's my photo and some info about Guzmania:



This member of the pineapple family has stiff glossy green, toothed foliage arranged in an upright vase shape. A shoot with colorful bracts arises from the center of the vase. The bright blooms may remain attractive for up to six months. Guzmania likes warm temperatures during its growth cycle, but bracts will last longer if you keep the plant cool while it is in bloom.
Its colorful red, orange, yellow, or purple flower bracts look very tropical and exotic. It's a great conversation piece.
Growing Conditions: Bright light; 65-80 degrees F., 60-65 degrees F. in winter; keep soil moderately dry, but water in the vase
Size: To 3 feet tall and wide
info from: Better Homes and Gardens



my three favourite photos from last week, please visit







Grab the button Favourite Photo of the week HERE


If you new to the challenge, please check the info how to participate Here

Grab the button Flowers on Saturday HERE and link your beautiful photos



12 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Very pretty and exotic. Wish I have one growing here too.

Gemma Wiseman said...

A very interesting flower variety! Lovely subdued tones!

Ann said...

This one is brown, I normally see red ones.

SquirrelQueen said...

That is a beautiful flower. I would love to have one of those in my house.

Happy Weekend Ewa!

Carole Meisenhelter said...

Hi! My first time participating here. Not sure why but the link button is not showing on my post. it did on my draft! However, it still takes me back to your page; not sure if it's all happening from my end and it may become visible overnight/hope so.

Thanks for offering a place to share our sweet flowers.

Mom of M&Ms said...

we call these bromeliades....and your shot is wonderful

Marilyn said...

Beautiful Flower Ewa.. Love it.. : ))

LadyD said...

I wonder if I can find a Guzmania in California... I love the warm tones. Thanks for hosting.

NatureFootstep said...

nice shot of the pineapple flower. :) Have a nice weekend. :)

Eden said...

Such a lovely bloom.

Thank you for choosing my post last week as one of your favourites.

Kala said...

What a beautiful and unusually colored flower!

Ruby said...

this is another lovely meme..wish to join next week...thanks for hosting..

Ruby of Natures's Beauty

Related Posts with Thumbnails