Monday, May 2, 2011

Decoupage Glass Jar - Tutorial

I am sure you have plenty glass jars in your house that you don't know what to do with them
Don't throw them out, decorate them, here's how to do it using decoupage technique



what you will need:


  • a glass jar
  • napkin with design you like
  • acrylic paints
  • adhesive for napkins
  • clear gloss varnish
  • scissors
  • paint brushes



 Paint the glass jar with acrylic paint, put at least two layers

  

While you waiting for the paint to dry , cut out the shapes you are going to use from the napkin.
The napkin usually has three layers, keep only one with the design



Glue your design to glass jar, once it's dry, put gloss varnish on it, wait until it dries and put another layer of varnish.



Here's a photo of another jar that I decoupaged as well. They look really pretty in my kitchen



I am linking my project with these craft parties:


Get Your Craft On Tuesday












CreativeShareWednesdays
http://www.thethriftyhome.com

Transformation Thursday





monogram

The Girl Creative
Making
Craft Couture




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

bardzo ladne :)

Captain Shagrat said...

The possibilties are endless, what a great way of using old jars

Terri Weston said...

I featured this project photo and post on my blog http://healthywealthymoms.blogspot.com/ did a post on repuposing bottles and jars, stop by and see the post.

Julie said...

I'd love for you to come link up at my party. It's up all week!
http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/05/inspire-me-monday.html

PartyMom said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Wow, those are really neat! I love the blue!

Kathryn Michelle Jenkins said...

this is really awesome! it looks amazing.

great job! I'm a new follower, saw you on paisley passions
kathryn
@ thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Self Sagacity said...

How clever! I like this idea because it takes less steps than what I normally do.
Came by to link up to Sat flowers, hope you are posting it this week. Happy Mother's Day too!

Pamela said...

So beautiful. I can think of a dozen glass things I could do this with. I tend to go overboard when I find an idea I like. :-)

New GFC follower from Mom's kinda Crafty.

Blessings on your weekend!
Pamela

≼mE aNd mY tâ„ŽrIfTy IdEaS≽ said...

I love this idea! They turned out great! Would love to have you at my Thursday Link Party!
http://menmythriftyideas.blogspot.com/2011/05/three-item-thursday-link-party_12.html

SouthernCouponer said...

Following you from blog hop. Great site! If you get a chance check out my blog :)


http://www.southerncouponer.com

Hadiyah Shabir said...

Soooo cooool, what a beautiful way to recycle jars into such pretty treasures. Lovely tutorial, I went through some other of your posts and love them aswell, you have such cool and unique ideas which I LOVE, and your tutorials are so easy to follow. I will DEFINETLY try to link up next Tuesday and on the photography challenge aswell.
Thank you for leaving a comment.

Hadiyah

www.anartisticheart.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails