If your daughter or a young lady that you know is having a birthday soon, why not try to make a shoe cake.
It is easy , my daughter helped me with decorating so it will be fun project for the two of you.
What you need:
- sponge cake
- sugar paste -different colours
- whipped cream ( optional)
- edible sugar shapes for decorating a cake
- icing sugar
To make shoes:
- choose three different sugar paste colours
- use icing sugar when you rolling sugar paste, it won't stick and will be easier to shape
- cut out shape of shoes similar to below
- stick two soles ( if you using two different colours)
- make heels and attach them to soles
- decorate with some sugar shapes
- For your sponge cake, you will need probably at least 250 g of sugar paste, but it depends on the size of the cake you are using.
- Before you start decorating, cut your cake in three layers ( two is fine as well) spread jam and whipped fresh cream between the layers.
- Spread some icing sugar and roll a tin layer of sugar paste, it will have to cover the whole cake
- Spread a tin layer of jam on top and the sides of the cake, it will help to keep the sugar paste is place
- Next step is to transfer your rolled sugar paste on top of the cake
- And then decorate with sugar shapes
Attach the shoes to your cake, I just dipped my finger in look warm water and spread just a bit of it under the sole and the heel to make it stick more.
Your cake is ready, just add the candles and enjoy!!!
The cake I made with my daughter was for her 11th birthday, when her friends seen it they really liked it and they said we have to make similar ones for their birthdays. So I think it was a success.
I am linking my project with these craft parties: