Thursday, October 14, 2010

Before and after in Clogherhead

The fishing village of Clogherhead is located on the east coast of Ireland in the County of Louth, I live very close, it takes only 15 minutes drive from the house. I love going there for my walks, the scenery is beautiful.
Ok, It’s Thursday and it's time to join Blessing Reflections – “Two Questions” blog hop, and here are my two questions:

1. Do you know in which film was Clogherhead featured? I’ll give you a clue: two actors from that film are Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford

2. Do you know what “Eire” means?


THIS

Photos of Clogherhead











The photo below was taken by my daughter ( this time I was the model ha, ha, ha), and I just wanted to share the edit I did on it
It was taken with Nikon D5000 and the changes were done in Microsoft Office picture Manager

I am linking this edit with Pixel Perfect "Before and After"





Before




After



Remember to get your flower photos ready for this Saturday :)
Have a great Thursday!!!



Check Thursday's Train to Facbook

20 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful captures!

Ashley Sisk said...

These photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

walshblog said...

Love these shots, the first one is beautiful!

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Love the shots of you and that scenery. What a glorious landscape.

1. That movie would be The Devils Own

2. hmmm, don't know that one :)

Luna Miranda said...

the jagged rocks are beautiful.

oh yes, The Devil's Own--i remember the movie. Harrison Fort was a cop and Brad Pitt, an IRA.
i have no idea what Eire means.:p

Ewa said...

Well done on the first answer!

the second answer is:

√Čire is Gaelic (Irish language) for Ireland and it's pronounced AIR-ah, (Irish language is still used here)

Self Sagacity said...

Man, I didn't see that movie, but then again, you would have got me because I don't watch much movies.

The meaning of eire is not what I had expected. I thought it was something like the lake erie. Smiles.

Mom of M&Ms said...

Love your shots and your questions....SO happy to see you .. What a beauty you are....Great post friend! and I did not know the movie but I did know what Eire meant....

Terri said...

I'm glad someone knew the answer to that movie. It was gonna bug me until I knew! =)

Great picture of you and I love your editing skills as always!

Donnie said...

Gorgeous photography. I had to google your first question- the answer is The Devil's Own. I love the landscape and I see why the filmmakers chose that location.

√Čire is the Irish name for the island of Ireland and the sovereign state of the same name. Thanks, Wikipedia. I knew it was the Irish name for Ireland because I do a lot of crossword puzzles but I wanted to make sure there wasn't another meaning.

Mommy2Four said...

Beautiful shots!

AJ said...

Really beautiful...

Jennifer said...

Great pictures! Awesome edit on the before & after!

Margaret Duarte said...

Hi Ewa. No to both of your questions. But I cheated and looked at the answers in the comments before mine. I'd love to visit Ireland, but your beautiful pictures will have to do. I had Irish nuns as teachers in grammar school and loved them. Always wanted to be Irish.

Icy BC said...

Gorgeous scenery in your fantastic photos!

Sorry but I don't know the answers to both of your questions. Stumped really!

Cathy Kennedy said...

The only movie I can think of Brad Pit and Harrison Ford were in together is The Devil's Own.

I didn't know until now what Eire meant. Isn't this Gaelic for Ireland?

By the way, lovely photographs. Ireland is a place I'd like to see one day.

Snapshotsofhappiness said...

Beautiful!

Amy said...

Wow what a beautiful place! Nice job with the edit :)

Rosie said...

Ah you're making me homesick Ewa! Lovely shots and a good edit.

As you can see from being over on LnB I've got lots of blooms to choose from for Saturday. I'm ready this week at a new location :) as you'll see if you go here:

www.leavesnbloomphotography.blogspot.com


I better not give away any of the answers to the rest of your readers :) (I don't like the title of that movie).

Mama Monkey said...

beautiful edit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails