Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Decoupage Kitchen Board Tutorial




If you would like to make a decoupage kitchen board, here are the instructions how to do it:

what you will need:
  • a wooden board
  • napkin with design you like
  • acrylic paints,different colors
  • craquelure varnish
  • adhesive for napkins
  • clear gloss varnish
  • scissors
  • paint brushes




I mixed two colors for my foundation



Apply a foundation paint to the object



While you waiting for the paint to dray, get ready your napkin



Cut out the design that you are going to use, take away the bottom layer of the napkin


Once the paint is dry, apply an even coat of craquelure varnish thanks to which you'll get the cracks effect


Get ready your top paint layer of a contrasting color


Apply the top color layer with short brush strokes, do not brush twice over the same spot


Next get ready your cut out shape and spread the napkin adhesive over it.


Attach your designed shape to your board, you can spread a little bit of adhesive on top of the just attached shape



Once it's dry, you can apply the first layer of clear varnish, and the second
I used gloss varnish for shiny effect.



Now , you just have to find a perfect place for your new kitchen decoration.


For other great project check:

The Girl Creative
CreativeShareWednesdays Get your craft on Thurs.

10 comments:

LD said...

Fascinating! I love craft projects like this.Thank you for dropping by my site and I look forward to revisiting yours. Looks like a lot of fun!

Mrs Mar said...

I love using servet technik to do things with. Its fun and EASY.

Dani said...

wow! I love this post. Wonderful. Thank you.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Great job. I love using decorated napkins for decoupage.
Please link to me in your post. Thank you!

The K Family said...

Oh my goodness! What a great tutorial and such a fun project. Thanks so much for sharing this.

I appreciate you stopping by my blog. Following you back now. :)

M

Chesney said...

What a cool craft...i need to try this...your blog is so creative! :)

Thanks for stopping by and commenting...it is much appreciated! :)

Ginger said...

Love this idea, Turned out so cute!

Heather Bredimus said...

Hi! I love your craft! I found your site off of Today's Creative Blog! You are so talented! I just signed up to be your newest follower! Woo hoo! Come visit me sometime. My new site is www.modernfamilymagazine.com. I love making new friends!

-Heather-

jennoreilly said...

nice! what a cute idea!

here from NFF, happy weekend!

Tejashree said...

Hi! I love your craft..cute idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails