Thursday, August 12, 2010

Butterfly Box


Why throw away used sweet tins when you can use them to create something special
Would you like to make lovely box like that, just follow this instructions:
What you will need:
  • napkin with a design that you want to use -I used one with butterflies
  • transparent,adhesive priming coat - I used one made by Nerchau
  • acrylic paint -choose your color, I used green
  • gloss or matt varnish - I used gloss
  • brushes and scissors
Of course you will need a large tin


First paint the metal box. You probably will need to put two or three coats of your paint
I had to put three coats of paint to cover everything.


While you waiting for your paint to dry cut out your motives from the napkin. Separate the bottom layer from the top layer


Once the paint is dry, put your adhesive priming coat on the motives, and stick your butterflies (or whatever design you have) to your tin, you can spread a little bit more of the adhesive on top of the motives when they are already on the box.


You will have to wait until everything is dry and then you can apply varnish. If you want it to be a bit of shiny use gloss varnish.



Leave it to dry and if needed put one more coat of varnish. Once it's done you can admire your new creation







8 comments:

Christine said...

It's really nice, I love saving tins and decorating them!

Ashley Sisk said...

Very cute - nice work.

Mom of M&Ms said...

Super cute...I know what we are doing tomorrow when the thunderstorms come.. Thanks for the great idea and tutorial.

Jennifer Sikora said...

Visiting you from Friendly Friday Follow. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Stop by my blog at www.jennifersikora.blogspot.com

Lolavie said...

I'm a new follower from Friendly Friday Follow!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

http://lolaviebyamber.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

New Follower from New Friend Friday! Hope you have a wonderful Day!

xoxoxo
Lauren
www.twentysomethinghousewife.com

Ps I also host a weekly blog hop feel free to link up!

Cecily said...

That tin turned out so pretty! Love it!

jennoreilly said...

cute idea, I'll have to remember this when all the christmas cookie tins come around in december!

Here from fff, happy weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails